JKEM Model 250 Type K Heating and Cooling Controller Kit
JKEM Model 250 has both heating and cooling outlets for maximum versatility. Two heating outlets supply 1800 watts of power for large equipment and heating mantles up to 22L. The third outlet (1800 watts), normally used for cooling, is programmable to supply power below, above, or at the set point. Contains J-KEM's patented power control computer which provides 0.1°C regulation of anything.
- 0.1°C Regulation & Display
- Standard Ramp-To-Setpoint feature allows users to specify reaction-heating rates
- NIST traceable
- Advanced PID algorith
- Type K input: stable to over 800°C
- Built-in USB serial port and free Windows data logging and control software
- Includes type K thermocouple and 6 foot thermocouple extension cord, everything you need to get started
At the heart of J-KEM’s 200-Series controllers is a new, high speed microprocessor that performs 3 functions:
1. Power Regulation J-KEM’s original power control computer is replaced by a next generation microprocessor. The power control computer is J-KEM’s patented technology that adjusts power to the heater 2048 times per second resulting in 0.1°C regulation.
2. USB Communications PC communications and free KEM-Net software enable remote PC control, GLP/GMP compliant data collection, and multi-temperature ramps built in an Excel-like table.
3. KEM-IO Allows the controller to turn other pieces of equipment On/Off, change the temperature set point, or Start/Stop heating based on external inputs, temperature, or time.
- Turn heating off when the hood door is opened. Turn it back on when closed
- Open a 120 Vac cooling valve if the reaction exotherms to 110°C
- When the temperature reaches 85°C, start a reagent addition pump or stirrer
|Model|| Model 250
| Electrical requirements
|| 120VAC 1-Phase, 1800 watts, 15 amps
|Type K thermocouple input|| Temperature range: -50°C to 1200°C
Material: stainless steel sheath
Size: 1/4 inch diameter, 18 inches length
|Type K extension cord|| Coil cord design, 6 foot length, molded SMP male plug
with OST female receptable. PN: CC-6-K-SMP
|For heating mantle||Up to 22 liter|
| Unit dimensions
||7.75 x 9.25 x 3.5" (WxDxH)|
|Warranty|| Two years
Included in this package
| JKEM Model 250 120V
| Type K thermocouple, stainless steel sheath, 1/4" diameter, 18" long
| Thermocouple extension cord, Type K, 6 foot long, molded SMP male plug with OST female receptable
| User's manual